The Skerries Mill complex comprises a watermill, 5-sail windmill, 4-sail windmill and associated mill races, mill pond and wetlands.

The history of the mills can be traced back to the 16th century and by 1840 a bakery was also established on the site.

All three mills have been restored to working order by Fás and Fingal County Council and are open to the visitors throughout the year. The mills demonstrate an efficient and clean use of water and wind power and are a rare survival of 17th, 18th, and 19th century Irish industrial history.

Situated in the centre of the town park, Skerries Mills now also houses the Watermill Café, an award winning craft shop, Skerries Industrial Heritage Museum, Skerries Tourist Office and an exhibition area and is open from 10am daily.

The café serves a wide variety of hot and cold foods and the smell of fresh scones and bread which are baked daily in the on-site kitchen greet you at the door. Also served is a range of the finest loose leaf teas from Green Chai to King of Pu-erh and "Taste Award" winning artisan coffee.

Skerries Mills has a beautiful ambience, there is always something to see and ample free car parking.






Skerries
Co Dublin



01 849 5208
www.skerriesmills.org
hillmill@eircom.net













Site Design © Lukas Works 2008
www.lukasworks.com